Dear Star Tech Friends,
In the 14 years since we opened, we have never had to deal with anything quite like the current situation that we all must face with the global pandemic of Covid-19 Coronavirus.
At Star Tech, the health and wellbeing of our customers and our team are our top priority and I want to reassure you of the diligence of our approach. All of our team uphold the following strategy and initiatives.
We are closely monitoring the daily changing Government guidelines and following their instructions accordingly. Whilst there are no reported cases of the virus amongst our staff or customers at present, here’s what we are doing to ensure we can protect you as much as possible:
- If you are unwell in any way, we ask you to postpone your visit with us until you’re feeling better. Please refer to government guidelines Government Covid-19 advice
- We are cleaning and sanitising all touched surfaces – in reception, we are sanitising door handles, car keys, desks, card machines, phones and any other shared surfaces. In the workshop, we are sanitising steering wheels, gear levers, indicator stalks and any other surfaces regularly throughout the day and on handover.
- Our technicians are wearing disposable gloves and placing seat covers in vehicles, as always and then disposing of them between each car they work on.
- Usually, we love to chat with our waiting customers but we will be putting a hold on this option until we all return to normal. Due to the social distancing advice, as a precautionary measure, we will no longer offer lifts to home or work.
- However … fear not! We have it covered by offering our FREE Collection and Delivery service to our customers, with our drivers adhering to all of the above measures. Just phone Ricki or Chris on reception to arrange.
- If you are dropping your vehicle to us and prefer not to come inside, there is the option of calling our reception team on arrival who will arrange to collect your keys through the letterbox or meet you outside.
- We are still operating our loan cars and ensuring they are cleaned and sanitised before every handover.
- Team members will observe the 2-metre distance rule from customers and colleagues as much as possible, as recommended by the government.
- We will always extend a warm welcome to arriving customers but for the time being, this welcome won’t be accompanied by a handshake or any other physical contact.
This is not an easy time for anyone at the moment, it is a dynamic situation and will continue to evolve. For now, it is very much business as usual with a few small changes at Star Tech and we value your support, as always!
Managing Director of Star Tech